Updated 12/10 - KSHSAA/CNC COVID 19 Procedures for Basketball Games
New Regulations Effective Thursday, December 10
Effective Thursday, December 10 through January 28, 2021, interscholastic activities will allow for attendance of up to two parents/guardians per participant(s) family as allowed by local board of education or health department restrictions.
1. The current interpretation of participants include:
· Student Managers
· Cheer squads/coaches
· Dance teams/coaches
· Pep bands/directors
· Student Journalists
* Note Parents/guardians admitted - no siblings/kids will be admitted - it must be an adult
Accordingly, the KSHSAA is receiving a number of requests for clarification and provides the following consistent interpretations for your use:
2. Coaches may have parents/guardians or spouse/significant other.
3. Children of coaches and administrators do not meet the definition approved by the BOD.
4. School Board members do not meet the criteria established by the BOD unless their child is an active participant.
5. Parents/guardians are there to support their child while in competition; there is no reason for them to attend “all” games in the facility on a given day.
6. Teams playing in that facility as part of a multi-game event may remain in the gym as long as they are socially distant.
7. All spectators must be masked the entire time in facility, even if they are socially distanced.
8. No “substitutes” for parent/guardian if they are unable to attend contest.
9. Event staff are not afforded parent/guardian or spouse attendance.
10. The impacted interscholastic activities include basketball, bowling, debate, forensics/speech, scholars bowl, swimming & diving, and wrestling.
Please remember, the reason restricted attendance is necessary is to minimize exposure opportunities and support school and community health (both CDC and KDHE recommend no mass gatherings).
CNC LEAGUE BASKETBALL SCHEDULE CHANGES
Information effective November 24th
Based upon the KSHSAA vote to restrict fans/spectators on Tuesday, November 24th, the CNC league has decided to forego the earlier decision to have a home/home schedule during the months of December and January.
What this means:
-The traditional basketball schedule will be put back into place. Please understand that these schedules are very fluid. Once the season progresses, the CNC will re-evaluate the remaining schedule and make educated decisions.
-The CNC league will continue to follow local county health guidance, as well as KSHSAA guidelines.
-Based upon KSHSAA requirements, no spectators will be allowed in the facilities. - see above for updated info
-Cheer and Dance teams will be allowed to be present at games.
-Live streaming will be provided for all varsity games.